How To Renew Your Nebraska Drivers License

Do you need to renew your drivers license in Nebraska? We've collected useful and up-to-date information to help save you time when renewing your drivers license. Select from the options below to get started. 

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the DMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local DMV.

3: Via a DMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local DMV office. Varying DMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the DMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your DMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

Renewing Your Nebraska Drivers License

Was your Nebraska drivers license lost, stolen or severely damaged? Read below to learn how to replace it or click here for a comprehensive Easy Guide™ for driving in Nebraska. 

In Person at DMV

  • Pass a vision screening
  • Pass a written test if your license has been expired for more than one year or has been suspended
  • Pass a driving test if your license was suspended or the DMV requests this extra step

You may need documents to renew your license such as:

  • Social Security card
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of residence

Click here for a full list of documents.

Make sure you renew as soon as possible as you don’t want to be carrying around an expired license. Go to the DMV early to avoid the crowds and make sure you have the right documentation. Call if you’re not sure about what to bring with you.

Military Personnel
It may be possible to renew your drivers license by mail if you are in the military you have what is considered a unique situation or "special circumstance." To find out if you qualify, call: (402) 471-3918.

For a list of related services, see below: