Welcome to NebraskaDriversLicense.org
We've created this site as a one-stop resource for all your drivers license needs in Nebraska. Whether you need to renew or replace a license, get a commercial drivers license or motorcycle license, and more, we've collected the information to save you time. Our site provides you with step-by-step instructions, money-saving tips and links like this Easy Guide™ to make the process painless. Select from the options below to get started.
It is against Nebraska state law to drive with an expired license. You should renew your as soon soon as possible. Read more
Changing Your Address on Your Nebraska Driver License
Nebraska law requires that you update your address information as it changes. Read more
Replacing Your Nebraska Driver License
If your driver license has been lost, stolen or severely damaged, you will need to get a duplicate license. Read moreGetting a New Nebraska Driver License
If you have never been issued a drivers license in any state, you will be required to complete a state-approved driver education in order to get a new drivers license in Nebraska. Read moreGetting Your Nebraska Learner's Permit
Once you have completed a state-approved driver education course, you will eligible for a learner's permit, which allows you to practice driving under certain restrictions. Read moreNebraska Drivers Education
State law requires that all first-time drivers successfully complete a state-approved driver education course prior to applying for a new drivers license. Read moreChanging Your Name on Your Nebraska Driver License
If you have recently married, divorced or otherwise changed your legal name, you will need to update this information with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Read more
Many drivers' license services may be processed online. Check out the Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the Nebraska DMV, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.If it is necessary for you to visit an office read these 10 helpful tips:
1. Find the closest Driver License office.
2. Confirm the office hours.
3. Appointments are available at all offices for faster service.
4. Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week.
5. Avoid the 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. hours as they tend to be busy due to the lunch break.
6. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
7. Avoid the day after a holiday.
8. Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your service.
9. Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting your Driver License office.
10. If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances contact your nearby Driver license office prior to heading over.